Monday, October 20, 2008

Monday MoFo: Food Group 'Pizza'

It's a Monday evening stand-by: pizza.

It *was* going to be roasted garlic and white bean soup but, to be honest, after work today I really wanted some junk food comfort! So, I went to Curves, sweated around the circuit, and then came home to help in the making of this:



This was an adobo chili base with sliced vegan sausage, onions, garlic-roasted tomatoes and Vegan-rella (mozzarella). The second one we made* didn't photograph well, but in essence it was mushrooms and onion with a dried black bean and cucumber base. I really must post the recipe for that base thingy at some stage because not only is it great on pizzas, but also as a side dish, in paninis, in quesadillas, etc etc etc

With a nod to 'the other food groups', I also made a huge salad of green leafies, heirloom tomatoes, avocado, red onions, radishes, cucumber and kalamata olives. My Beloved whipped up a balsamic vinaigrette and we were good to go.

And now, it being Monday and me already yearning for the weekend, it is time to go.

To bed.

With a nice cuppa tea.

And a book.

So, until tomorrow, Stay Vegan, Friends! :)

* My Father-in-Law is vacationing with us right now - hence the duplicity of pizzas. Hey - is that a collective noun? - a duplicity of pizzas?????

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Looks delicious!

Anonymous said...

uhh pizza. i haven't had pizza in god knows how long. it looks amazing. i hope you really enjoyed it haha

Jen Treehugger said...

It photographed well enough to make my tummy rumble!
:)

Duplicity of Pizzas!
I reckoned you've invented a new collective noun.
LOL!

EParent said...

Looks better than the pizza I had Friday night, for sure.

Knowing you I suspect you made the crust but want to ask just in case. Did you make the crust or can it be bought pre-maid?

Please do post the recipe. Thanks!

Bex said...

I need more pizza in my life.