Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day to You!

And may the luck of the Irish be with you today!

No, I'm not Irish but heck, I'm not letting that stop me from making some chocolate-stout cupcakes with whiskey frosting.

The recipe is from VCTOTW and the frosting is just basic vegan buttercream with a healthy dose of whiskey instead of soymilk......The pix are courtesy of my friend and coworker who was terribly excited at the prospect of stout and whiskey at 08:30 in the morning!



And here's another she took having eaten a cupcake!



And how do they taste? I haven't the foggiest! For the first time, I have abstained from sampling my own creations - even to the point that I recruited My Beloved to taste test the frosting last night for the right level of whiskey-ness (yeah, he has a tough life, I know!).

However, today is Day Two of Week One and breakfast is oatmeal with walnuts and raisins, oranges (2) and an apple. And I am strangely content with that!

Oh, and for today's WTF Moment, I bring you Corned Beef and Cabbage Cupcakes. Yep, these sure were worth taking a life for.....sheesh!

Anyways, Happy St. Pat's Day to all those celebrating and - even amidst the corned cow platters - stay vegan, friends!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy St. Patty's Day!! And mmm..whiskey buttercream...I think I'm in love!

Anonymous said...

I think these look amazing! I can't wait to try them... I think it's important to share yummy recipes like this with other vegans, so I'm glad you did! I really think you should put this up on RawPeople. http://www.rawpeople.com/?utm_source=A&utm_medium=B&utm_campaign=C

Anonymous said...

Hi Sara and Anonymous!

Yep, whiskey buttercream is def. the way to go, when it comes to 'making friends at work'! LOL

And Anonymous: I checked out RawPeople.com - awesome site! But these cupcakes are most def. not raw and certainly cannot be classed as a health food. I was excited to learn about the almond balls however....Thanks for the link and comments!

- Amanda (at Cackleberry)