Friday, October 2, 2009

Vegan Mo-Fo: What do they mean 'restrictive'?????

So here's Day #2 of Vegan MoFo - the month-long celebration of all things vegan and foodish! Despite having a fragrant and delightfully spiced Thai red curry (eggplant and potato with mushroom) simmering on the stove tonight, I have no cool photos to go with it so instead I'm going to set the stage for the coming food-fest with a photo to warm the heart of any commited herbivore. Just take a look at the bounty I brought home from a recent grocery shopping trip!



Before I became vegan, I didn't know the names of some of these fine specimens! Now they are all good friends....And to think that they say a vegan diet is 'restrictive'!!!!! Pah!

Eat well and stay vegan, friends! :)

3 comments:

Sheree' said...

What a wonderful array of delicious friends!

Amanda said...

Right? And to think I was ignorant of them in the past! :)

Sara said...

Yeah, seriously!! I eat more of a variety of foods now that I'm vegan than I ever did as an omni... and like you, I was clueless to many of the wonderful veg out there. All I ate was potatoes, corn, and the occasional onion in my salsa - that's restrictive!