Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Today's WTF Moment...



So what, do tell, is a 'ham shoot'?

It conjures up images of the fairground, where kids shoot paper targets to win goldfish. Perhaps at a sportsman's ham shoot, the competitors win packets of sausages? Or bacon sandwiches?

I say this tongue very firmly in cheek, of course.

What in the name of all that's holy is a ham shoot?

In the run up to Thanksgiving, I've seen 'live turkey shoots' advertised at the same spot and have always cringed at the thought. And now, as we approach Easter, there are ham shoots, and I am absolutely terrified to consider the possibilities there.

And - note the shingle - this is at a fish and game range. Which is open to the public. Anyone can wander in off the street presumably and take a shot.

Some days I can't help but wonder what the heck I am doing here.....

Stay Vegan, Friends....

No comments: