Thursday, April 30, 2009

An emotional recharge...

Spring truly IS finally here! After an abominably bad day at work, I arrived home tonight to an entreaty by My Beloved to come outside and see a 'glorious spectacle'. What follows are a few snapshots of what we saw.


Our tree in the front garden really needs a 'haircut', but we should have done it in February apparently. Now it'll have to wait until next year. Sigh.



I love experimenting with the macro mode of my little point-and-shoot camera!



I forget what these are called but I love their little heart-shaped leaves. And I swear, none of these were out when I left for work this morning!



I remember what *these* are called! Actually, this is the self-same bunny I see frequently in our herb garden. I have taken to leaving him/her the odd apple core, the remnants of my drive-home-from-work snack and I do believe that *someone* is enjoying them.....



We have a rhododendron outside the front door and it puts on a particularly spectacular show every year. The bees are just in heaven around it and we are in raptures watching them! Although the flash maybe got in the way, My Beloved got better shots, I think....



Bee coming in to land....



Getting on with the job...



On the wing again...


Forgive my indulgence. Sometimes it really recharges the batteries to spend some time with the creatures you are trying to help. Even if they're only bees.....

Stay vegan, friends!

No comments: